We’ve come up with some fun and tasty ideas to make this Valentine’s Day an unforgettable one inspired by an organic lifestyle.
Here are ten ideas to make it a happy organic Valentine’s Day:
- Buy organic chocolate! Cocoa beans have some of the highest pesticide loads of any crop. Due to weak regulations in countries that produce cacao beans, pesticides banned in the U.S. are still used in conventional cocoa farming. Organic chocolate means the chocolate is free of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and GMOs. Valentine’s Day or not, there’s no wrong time to surprise your significant other with a rich, chocolaty treat. Get some chocolate inspiration here.
2. Locate and go to a restaurant that sources local organic food or get takeout. Use this organic finder app to locate the restaurants in your city that use organic ingredients. If you can’t find a restaurant, often searching on Yelp with the words “organic ingredients” can lead you to find new dining-out experiences.
3. Make a recycled Valentine’s Day card. About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year, which makes for a lot of waste. Find a creative way to reuse materials in your office to make a recycled card for your Valentine this year.
4. Buy your valentine an organic microgreen kit from our friends at Back To The Roots.
5. Organic Valentine’s Recipes. Make your own organic meal and skip the crowds. Use our partner recipes to help you enjoy this special day and enjoy delicious organic meals.
6. Organic Valentine’s Day Cookies. We’ve pulled together a collection of organic cookie recipes from our supporting brands here.
7. Valentine’s Day Kid Activities. Get ten Valentine’s Day activities from our brand partner Nature’s Path.
8. Organic Eco-Fashion and Textiles. Pick out some organic eco-fashion from our friends that specialize in organic textiles.
Textiles: You can get your loved one organic sheets, towels and bedding from these great organic brand partners:
9. Support An Organic Farmer with a CSA Membership. Use this directory to locate a local organic farmer and either gift a CSA membership or treat yourself to one.
10. Buy Some Organic Self-Care Products. Get some organic lotions, perfumes, or beauty products for your valentine at The Detox Market here.
If we haven’t hit the mark for your special person, our friends at Orgain have a healthy gift guide that can help you find a unique gift.