We’ve come up with some fun and tasty ideas to make this Valentine’s Day an unforgettable one inspired by an organic lifestyle. Here are five tips to make it an organic holiday:
- Buy organic chocolate! Cocoa beans have some of the highest pesticide loads of any crop. Due to weak regulations in countries that produce cacao beans, pesticides banned in the U.S. are still used in conventional cocoa farming. Organic chocolate means the chocolate is free of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and GMOs.
- Locate and go to a restaurant that sources local organic food. Use this organic finder app to locate the restaurants in your city that use organic ingredients. If you can’t find a restaurant, often searching on Yelp with the words “organic ingredients” can lead you to find new dining out experiences.
- Make a recycled Valentine’s Day card. About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year, which makes for a lot of waste. Find a creative way to reuse materials in your office to make a recycled card for your Valentine this year.
- Buy your valentine a gardening kit from our friend’s at Back To The Roots.
- Make your own organic meal and skip the crowds. Use our partner recipes below to help you enjoy this special day and enjoy delicious organic meals.