Here at Only Organic we’ve come up with 5 ways to celebrate an organic Mother’s Day.
1. Plant an organic flower patch or pot. Plant flowers for your Mom instead of picking them. Flowering plants in the ground or in a pot provide longer blooms and also are excellent for pollinators. We recommend crocus, hyacinth, borage, calendula, or wild lilac to provide enticing spring blooms.
2. Make an organic DIY scrub. Dried lavender exfoliates as it soothes the senses in this scrub. Ingredients: 1 cup sea salt, 2-3 sprigs dried lavender, 2-6 drops lavender essential oil, and 1 cup grapeseed oil. Put all items in a mason jar and use a teaspoon at a time.
3. Create an organic goodie basket. These supporting brands have amazing products that would make a lovely organic Mother’s Day basket: Stonyfield Farm, Nature’s Path, Earthbound Farm, Happy Family, Annie’s, Rudi’s Bakery, Organic Valley, Back To The Roots, Orgain, and Uncle Matt’s.
4. Buy delicious organic chocolate. What mother doesn’t love organic chocolate? Choose certified organic selections from brands; Alter-Eco, Equal Exchange, Green and Blacks, Dagoba, and Ocho.
5. Invite mom over for organic drinks: Invite mom to a enjoy some organic wine or organic tea.
- Organic tea: One of the main reasons people opt for organic tea over conventionally grown tea is that organic tea is better for you. Many of the toxic chemicals used on conventional tea are water soluble… which means that they are in the leaf structure and only removed from the tea leaves during steeping.
- Organic wine: According to the California Department of Pesticides Regulation, in 2010 25 million pounds of pesticides were applied to conventionally-grown wine grapes in California. That was a 19% pesticide increase from the year before. This among many other additives added to conventional wine make up our reason to choose certified organic.